Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My name is Charlie Moore

For most of the grownups readers I am Charlie Moore, and my parents are Alice and Peter Moore, and I live at 371 Villeneuve.


I have superpowers, I become invisible, I fly and I can talk to animals. I am 6 1/2 years old, and my best friends are Harold and Betty.  I go to the school were my Mom is a teacher. I have few friends that I see at school and sometimes at the park. Check my picture!

Most of the times I am at home, having adventures with Harold and Betty and sometimes Mom and Dad.  My house is pretty big and what I like the most in my house is the backyard, its big and has lots of bushes were we play.  I have a fort made with Dad’s old camping tarp and wooden boxes that I found kicking around. I pretend that I am being attacked by aliens and me Harold and Betty save the fort from the bad guys.

I am going to explain   to you how is it that I got these superpowers and perhaps, if you want to, you can get them too. I have always wanted to have a real friend, you know? The kind that is there for you when you need them, the one that you can help when they need you… that is how I got the power of talking to animals.  I just wanted too hard to have such friends and the guys at school have other interests sometimes, they are nice to me and other times they are really bad, they make fun of me and they hit me.  I just wanted to have friends that they were going to be on my side all the time.  Betty was the first friend I got, she started talking to me and now we are inseparable.  She told me that was fine to talk to Harold and Harold is now my best friend too.

When I went to bed the other night, Betty was on the window. I opened the window and brought her in.  She was crying, a little lonely and cold so I put her underneath the covers and have her sleep with me.  She told me that she missed her family and that she would like very much go for a visit. There… that is how I learned how to fly.  I needed to take Betty over to her family and I didn’t think any better idea than to take her flying.  That night I dream about flying and the next morning we looked in the map to find out where we were going, I put Betty in my Jacket pocket and flew over to her place. It was the Amazon, quite hot and humid and lots and lots of trees, the smell was very particular, fresh and humid, clean air.  The jungle had so much noise, all of the animals talking and screaming at the same time, worst than when my parents take me downtown. 

Everybody at Betty’s was friendly and they offered me all kinds of strange food.  They were so nice that I couldn’t refuse and I tried. Some of them good and some very bad but I try them all to be nice. Betty was busy talking to her family and telling them all about home, she was eating and eating and running from one side to the other. She came to me and told me that it was time to go home and that she was so happy.  I put her again in my Jacket pocket and said good bye to everyone and flew back home.  When we arrived, Mom was looking for me as always, as I enter into the family room she asked me a little angry “where have you been”.  “Brazil” I said proud to her and showed her on the map.  “I took Betty home she wanted to see her family.”  “Betty?” She said looking at me with that face that she has when she does not understand with her arms like expecting a miracle to happen… Yes “Mom, you don’t know Betty, she is my best friend” as I was reaching Betty from my Pocket. “Charlie!!” She screamed… “that is a tarantula!!” her eyes were as round as a full moon and her face was not sweet any more, I know I had to calm her down.

“Mother” I said in a low voice pretending to be like one of the grownups… “This is my friend Betty, she protects me from bad guys and she keeps me company when I am alone at home.  “Betty can talk…”  Betty was in the palm of my hand watching Mom and Mom was backing out of the kitchen with an expression of fear. “Nothing to fear Mom, I know Betty now for few Month, and Harold is her friend too.”  My Mother stopped in the hallway, she had one of her hands in her throat. I put Betty on the table and went to hug Mom. “I love you Mom,” I said while I was rubbing my head into her belly, that was my favourite. I can smell her and feel how soft she is, she hugged me back and knelt.  She was looking at my face.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet and so imaginative! (i thought maybe Betty was a parrot, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...very cute! What an imagination and what fun! I like when Charlie brought Betty in from the window sill because she was crying, and brought her into bed, under the covers to comfort her and sleep with her - that Charlie is a good guy. Great picture again - brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete