Saturday, April 9, 2011

As for the question "why is it that I like to write?"


Why is it that I want to write?

What a great question, especially when we have trouble expressing what we feel.  I'm afraid of what you are going to say about this?... moreover I’m afraid of what you are not going to say...

When I say we, I am referring to you and not to me.  I use the “we” because it sounds softer, perhaps better.

Enough of running around the bushes.  I like to write because it gives me a tremendous satisfaction of being with myself in an undivided engagement with my deepest thoughts. I do it for you!

I feel happy every time that I write and engage with my thoughts letting my imagination run wild. Play with the drama, the tension, creating the characters at my will, the settings, the smells and noises to show you the story that I am living in.



More, the writing gives me freedom, let's me fly and experience. 

For me it is a challenge to the courage of the expression and fear of the critic. It’s a tsunami of emotions, that overall is awesome, for lack of a better word.

I am a story teller, I love talking and entertaining people, it makes me happy. My mind works and experience.

I wear light clothe easy to walk, easy to row. I meet with my friends, they are my inspiration, they don’t know. Some of them are nice and some are not. I like them all, why not!

I write the wind, I write the ocean waves. I write with the moon sitting on my side.

Blue, soft and tender,
warm and gentle.
That is my experience of love.

I can wait to write
Sometimes, I wait to keep me excited,
I hold for the prize,
for the taste of the words.

I love the drama, the hope, the love.  I love the feeling of being at the edge of the seat all the time.

2 comments: